Conformal coating is composed of different physical properties. One of which is liquid. The liquid properties need to be defined prior to the conformal coating.
The properties include flash point, storage lifetime, appearance and colour, density, solids content, and viscosity.
Liquid properties overview:
- Flash point: the temperature needed for an organic compound (solvent) to release enough vapour in the air
- Storage lifetime: shelf life of the conformal coating
- Appearance and colour: mostly clear
- Density: measured by a pycnometer
- Solids content: non-volatile material that remains after the coating is done
- Viscocity: showing the internal friction in a fluid resisting flow
Read more at Conformal Coating Physical Properties: Liquid
Who is Nexus?
Nexus brings together the accumulated knowledge of a group of conformal coating and electronics material dispensing consultants who provide a unique service, focused on helping electronics manufacturing clients improve their conformal coating and electronics materials processes.
Nexus operate across North America, Europe and Asia and can provide a unique perspective to the rapidly growing conformal coating and electronics materials industry. Expertise is held in liquid and parylene coating, capital equipment sales and specifications and material, equipment and process specification, troubleshooting and training.