A fundamental question asked quite often is why do I need to coat?
After all, it costs money and it can be difficult to process. Not very attractive to use it!
However, there are several reasons why a traditional liquid conformal coating or Parylene could be used to protect a printed circuit board (PCB).
These reasons include:
- Improving the insulation protection of the circuit
- Increasing the protection of the circuit from attack from high moisture and humidity
- Increasing the circuits chemical and temperature resistance
- Making the circuit board more resilient through ruggedisation
- Improving the dielectric properties of the printed circuit board
- Creating barrier protection from liquids such as water, blood etc
- Stopping the board surface getting dirty from contamination that can lead to corrosion long term
To find out more about these reasons read our section why use a conformal coating?
How can we improve Nexus?
Let me know your thoughts on the content and how we can improve our services ?
Contact me directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org now.