I am asked quite often about conformal coating classification. The reality is conformal coatings can be classified in many ways.
However, the IPC do a great job of splitting out the various subdivisions.
- Liquid or vapour deposition materials
- Organic or inorganic coatings
- The resin types (AR, UR, SR, XY, FC)
- Drying and curing mechanisms
- One or two part materials
- Solvent or non-solvent based
A typical family tree for conformal coatings is shown below:
To find out more click conformal coating materials classification.
Need help with your conformal coating process?
Contact Nexus now and let us show you how we can help you.
Dr Lee Hitchens is the Author of the Nexus eBook and a main contributor to Nexus.