There are many reasons for an acrylic conformal coating being the most popular protective film for electronic circuit boards in the world.
Acrylic conformal coatings have the following features:
- Acrylic coatings provide an excellent barrier to moisture and humidity providing one of the highest levels of protection possible
- They are one of the lowest cost coatings to purchase
- They have minimal chemical resistance making it ideal for reworking and removal
- Acrylic conformal coatings can be soldered through with minimal problems
- Acrylics dry to the touch very quickly and typically cure much faster than most coatings.
- They can be easily applied with a brush, sprayed by aerosol, spray gun or robot or by dipping.
Acrylic conformal coatings are generally the main choice in the majority of conformal coating applications.
Where is acrylic conformal coating used in protecting circuit boards?
Acrylic conformal coatings are used in many different applications and industrial sectors including:
- Controls and drives
- LED Lighting & display panels
- MEMS (Microphones and devices)
- Mobile phones
- Oil & gas
- Solar panels
- White goods
In fact, they are used in just about every electronics application there is.
Need to find out more?
Click acrylic and other types of conformal coatings to find out further information or contact us directly and we can help you.
If you are new to Nexus and our work on conformal coatings then a good place to go is our Start Here page or our free conformal coating eBook.